Paperwhite flowers are fragrant, winter-blooming daffodils that are great for growing in indoor containers. They are super easy-to-grow and will add spring cheer all winter long. Place on a windowsill or a tabletop to add a little color and texture to a room. Stop in after Labor Day every year to check out the paperwhite bulbs we have at City Floral Garden Center.
Paperwhite flowers prefer an area that has full sun.
Paperwhite flowers grow best in a well-draining soil. Amend with a combination of top soil and organic material.
Paperwhite bulbs like to be fertilized as you are planting. Add fertilizer to the planting area to help promote rooting.
We suggest Espoma Organic Bulb-tone
Paperwhite flowers bloom generally 6 – 8 weeks after planting, which is why they are great for indoor containers.
Plant paperwhite bulbs about 1 – 2 inches in the soil.
Paperwhite bulbs need to be spaced out about 2 – 3 inches apart.
PLANTING ADVICE FOR PAPERWHITE BULBS
- Paperwhite flowers perform best when planted in full sun.
- Plant paperwhite bulbs when temperature is consistently in the low 60’s or lower. If growing inside it’s not necessary to wait for these temperatures.
- Paperwhite bulbs and flowers enjoy having soil that is well-draining and has organic matter. Amend the soil with top soil and organic material such as compost, manure or we suggest peat moss. Add kelp meal to establish strong roots.
- Plant paperwhite bulbs 1 – 2 inches deep with the pointed side up.
- Water the planted area immediately after planting. Then let soil dry out between watering when growing indoors.
BULBS TO PAIR WITH PAPERWHITE BULBS
MINIATURE DAFFODIL – Miniature Daffodils are best known for their bright yellow or white blooms that are a wonderful sign that spring is finally here. Perfect for planting front and center of your garden. These flowers look amazing where ever they grow.
TULIP – Tulips are one of the more popular bulbs. They range from a miniature size to 30″ late bloomers. If you are looking to add color all spring long it’s best to get a variety of tulip bulbs that bloom at different times.
DWARF IRIS – The dwarf iris is a wonderfully little guy that blooms early spring and gives the illusion of little butterflies hovering just above the ground. They come in many gorgeous colors, elegant forms, and distinct markings that the dwarf iris is often a welcome sign that spring is on it’s way.
FEATURED BLOG POSTS
Houseplants have the remarkable ability to turn any house or apartment into the indoor jungle of