Planting asparagus is simple! Have your own crop in a little as the following:
- Prepare the soil by spading plenty of humus and fertilizer into it.
- Set asparagus 2 feet apart in a single row.
- Keep rows spaced 3 feet apart if in a garden bed.
- Plant to cover roots as for any perennial.
- Fertilize liberally with stable manure each year.
- Start cutting stalks when they are as thick as your thumb.
- Never cut thin stalks as they are probably young plants which will renew your bed.
- Stop cutting around June 1st-15th to allow your bed to build up for the next year.
Please let us know about any other questions or concerns. We’re happy to help!